Time to go (September 29, 2016)
In this morning’s Daily Press, High Desert Section, an article appeared entitled,
Water Debate Rages On.
In it, two incumbent Councilman (Larry Cusack and Art Bishop) indicated they support the town’s continued efforts to
buy Liberty Utilities Water Company, while also supporting Measure W.
As we all know, Measure W was the brainchild the Town Council came up with to counter Measure V, which was created by Pat and Chuck Hanson and would require a vote by the citizens of projects of $10 million or more, including the water company takeover. What is noteworthy is that every Council seat challenger supports the Hansons’ initiative rather than what the Town Council is offering in opposition.
This Council is starting to sound more and more like our Gov. Jerry Brown, who loves to raise taxes to spend money any way he and his cronies see fit. That rather than curbing the spending and funding the
necessary projects instead of their own personal Pet Projects.
Then to add insult to injury, both same Councilmen said they support Measure A, which would increase property taxes over the next 20 years in order to better fund fire services. Reading further, I see Councilman Art Bishop (the former Fire Chief) stated,
If we don’t vote for A now, we’re going to have to close another station and a half. I just recently wrote in about common sense/priority spending decision making regarding spending by the Apple Valley Town Council.
What used to be sound thinking by former members of the Apple Valley Town Council appears to be a thing of the past and the present seated Council is adopting Gov.
Brown’s playbook for foolish spending. By the way, again note that just about every Council challenger doesn’t agree or support what the present Town Council continues to support.
I dare say the Town of Apple Valley would be better served by breaking up the party in City Hall. Time to vote some new blood into the Town Council to rein what is starting to be a runaway train, aka the Brown Spending Playbook. In short, a good way to bring about this needed change would be to send the two incumbents packing. Time to go boys!
Alex Varga, Apple Valley
Source: Daily Press
Files related to Measure V
- 20150913 Commentary: Apple Valley water takeover plan: Know the full cost (Coupal)
- 20160621 Measure V
- 20160726 TOAV staff report on Measure V
- 20160831 Best supporters money can buy
- 20160831 Serious omission
- 20160831 Town paid more than $50K for ballot measure
- 20160904 Letter: Peter Allen supporting Measure V (Nassif)
- 20160906 Town business practices
- 20160908 Letter: Don’t waste your vote (Carloni)
- 20160911 Letter: Measure Waste (Carloni)
- 20160918 Our View: The right to vote on big projects
- 20160919 Support Measure V
- 20160923 Opinion: Measure V is for voting to ensure government is accountable (Mann)
- 20160924 Letter: Measure W (Piercy)
- 20160925 Opinion: Measure V respects Liberty Utilities customers’ rights (Sorensen)
- 20160929 Letter: Time to go (Varga)
- 20161002 Letter: Reject Measure W (Allan)
- 20161010 Letter: Truth about V and W (Bell)
- 20161011 Letter: The measure of a man (Varga)
- 20161018 Will Apple Valley become California’s Flint, MI?
- 20161020 Yes on Measure V (video)
- 20161023 Letter: Supports Measure V (Schappert)
- 20161025 Diving into the shallow waters of Measure W
- 20161102 Letter: Measure of a man (McCarthy)
- 20161102 No water in Measure W
- 20161103 More Measure W misdirection
- 20161103 No on W, Yes on V
- 20161105 Money flows like water
- 20161111 Letter: Diving into shallow ‘W’ater
- 20161111 Measure V garnered 2,319 more yes votes than Measure W
- 20161113 Tuesday’s election results
- 20161114 Measures V and W
- 20161115 Polls and votes
- 20161121 Voters show they want a say in water takeover issue (Hanson)