Measure V (June 21, 2016)
Chapter 3.35 of Title 3 of the Municipal Code is added to read:
3.35 VOTER APPROVAL PRIOR TO ISSUANCE OF PUBLIC DEBT SECURED BY FEES OR CHARGES ON SERVICES
(a) No ordinance or resolution authorizing the issuance of bonds or other forms of public debt in an amount exceeding ten million dollars ($10,000,000) to provide funds for the acquisition, construction, improving, or financing of an enterprise, secured by revenues derived from the operation of the enterprise, shall become effective unless approved by the voters, as provided herein.
(b) For purposes of this Section:
(1) The terms
revenues shall have the same meaning as provided for the in the Revenue Bond Law of 1941 (Chapter 6 of Division 2 (commencing with Section 54300) of the Government Code);
(2) The term
public debt includes, but is not limited to, certificates of participation, or public leaseback, secured by revenues derived from the operation of the enterprise, or lease payments made by or to advance the purpose of the enterprise.
(c) The election required shall comply with the provisions of Article 3 of Chapter 6 of Division 2 (commencing with section 54380) of the Government Code.
(d) No ordinance or resolution that authorized the issuance of bonds or public debt that would have been subject to the voter approval requirement of this section. enacted by the council after the date the notice of intent to circulate petitions was filed by the proponents proposing enactment of this section, but before its adoption by the voters, shall be implemented or enforced unless and until the voters approve that ordinance or resolution pursuant to this section.
(e) If any provision of this section, or any part thereof, is for any reason held to be invalid or unconstitutional, the remaining provisions shall not be affected, but shall remain in full force and effect, and to this end, the provisions of this section are severable.
Files related to Measure V
- 20150913 Commentary: Apple Valley water takeover plan: Know the full cost (Coupal)
- 20160621 Measure V
- 20160726 TOAV staff report on Measure V
- 20160831 Best supporters money can buy
- 20160831 Serious omission
- 20160831 Town paid more than $50K for ballot measure
- 20160904 Letter: Peter Allen supporting Measure V (Nassif)
- 20160906 Town business practices
- 20160908 Letter: Don’t waste your vote (Carloni)
- 20160911 Letter: Measure Waste (Carloni)
- 20160918 Our View: The right to vote on big projects
- 20160919 Support Measure V
- 20160923 Opinion: Measure V is for voting to ensure government is accountable (Mann)
- 20160924 Letter: Measure W (Piercy)
- 20160925 Opinion: Measure V respects Liberty Utilities customers’ rights (Sorensen)
- 20160929 Letter: Time to go (Varga)
- 20161002 Letter: Reject Measure W (Allan)
- 20161010 Letter: Truth about V and W (Bell)
- 20161011 Letter: The measure of a man (Varga)
- 20161018 Will Apple Valley become California’s Flint, MI?
- 20161020 Yes on Measure V (video)
- 20161023 Letter: Supports Measure V (Schappert)
- 20161025 Diving into the shallow waters of Measure W
- 20161102 Letter: Measure of a man (McCarthy)
- 20161102 No water in Measure W
- 20161103 More Measure W misdirection
- 20161103 No on W, Yes on V
- 20161105 Money flows like water
- 20161111 Letter: Diving into shallow ‘W’ater
- 20161111 Measure V garnered 2,319 more yes votes than Measure W
- 20161113 Tuesday’s election results
- 20161114 Measures V and W
- 20161115 Polls and votes
- 20161121 Voters show they want a say in water takeover issue (Hanson)