Request for public records: Transition plan (March 17, 2018)
Town of Apple Valley
14955 Dale Evans Parkway
Apple Valley, CA 92307
via e-mail (PDF): [email protected]
Re: Request for Public Records
Pursuant to California Government Code section 6250 et seq., the California Public Records Act (PRA), I am requesting the following public records:
- The Town’s “transition plan” as required by the February 28, 2018, ruling of Superior Court Judge Donald Alvarez in case CIVDS1600180 (Town of Apple Valley v. Apple Valley Ranchos Water Company), as well as an subsequently-developed transition plans.
If records are available in both an electronic format and a hard-copy format, please provide only the electronic records. You can email the electronic records to me. Please provide me with the cost of providing the records.
Should you withhold responsive records, please justify the withholding of the record in writing with a demonstration as to why the record is exempt from disclosure. (Gov. Code § 6255, subd. (a).) Please also provide the name and title of whomever was responsible for the denial. (Gov. Code § 6253, subd. (d).)
I am looking forward to your determination within 10 days as to whether you possess disclosable public records that are responsive to this request. If you have any questions please contact me.
Files related to CIVDS1600180
- 20160107 TOAV Complaint: CIVDS1600180
- 20160223 LAV Answer: CIVDS1600180
- 20180228 Ruling on motion to compel production of Town’s transition plan: CIVDS1600180
- 20210507 Tentative Decision: CIVDS1600180
- 20210507 Key excerpts from the Tentative Decision: CIVDS1600180
- 20210511 Judge makes preliminary ruling against Apple Valley taking over water system
- 20210517 A closer look: Why Liberty Utilities’ arguments were favored in Apple Valley’s eminent domain lawsuit