Opposing the Amended Scoping Report (August 3, 2015)
Lori Lamson, Assistant Town Manager
Town of Apple Valley
14955 Dale Evans Parkway
Apple Valley, CA 92307
I wish to register my opposition to the EIR Scoping Report in its entirety.
It is clear from reading it (and its predecessor) that Rincon Consultants is getting the mushroom treatment from the Town; being kept in the dark and being fed manure.
As a result, the Scoping Report produced by Rincon is fit only for other mushrooms. Not being (or wanting to be) a mushroom, I object to this report from beginning to end.
Just so I’m not giving only negative feedback, I have a suggestion that will obviate the need for further scoping reports, and other related activities and expenses: Have the Town to sell whatever water rights it has to Apple Valley Ranchos, and give up any pretense of being in the water business now and forever, so we can have adults running our water system.
— Greg Raven is Co-Chair of Apple Valley Citizens for Government Accountability, and is concerned about quality of life issues.
- 20150624 AVRWC System Acquisition Project: Notice of preparation
- 20150624 AVRWC System Acquisition Project: Initial Study
- 20150707 AVRWC System Acquisition Project: Environmental Impact Report (EIR) Scoping Meeting
- 20150707 Letter opposing tonight’s Scoping Report
- 20150707 About that ‘scoping meeting’ (Lee)
- 20160716 Amended Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Impact Report for the Proposed Apple Valley Ranchos Water System Acquisition Project EIR Comment Period Time Extension and Additional Scoping Meeting Date
- 20150716 Apple Valley Ranchos Water System Acquisition Project: Amended Initial Study
- 20150803 Opposing the Amended Scoping Report
- 20150818 Opposing the Amended EIR Scoping Report
- 20150917 Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) for the Apple Valley Ranchos Water System Acquisition Project
- 20151101 Opposing the Draft EIR Report
- 20151109 Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) for the Apple Valley Ranchos Water System Acquisition Project
- 20151216 Petition for Writ of Mandate (Brogan)
- 20180224 Frivolous EIR (Carloni)
- 20180308 Liberty Utilities might challenge Apple Valley on fees
- 20180308 Compensation for all