Acting in good faith (July 16, 2015)
Art Bishop writes (
Time for the truth, Daily Press, July 16, 2015), in responding to Chris Schilling, that Park Water has refused
to act in good faith with regard to reclaimed water. If Bishop would go back over his correspondence, he’d find that Schilling addressed this claim as recently as February of this year in a letter to the Town council.
There, he would learn that on the issue of reclaimed water, the Town has been dealing with Apple Valley Ranchos Water Company, not Park Water (or Carlyle Group, for that matter).
Second, he would learn that Ranchos welcomes the use of reclaimed water.
Third, he would learn that because Ranchos is the retailer of water in Apple Valley, it has not only the legal right but also the obligation to be a party to the transfer of that water. This should be clear to anyone who reads the 1998 purchase agreement between the Town and Ranchos, where this relationship was set forth.
Now that the Town wants to get into the wastewater business, suddenly it has no memory of its previous agreements.
That’s what I call refusing to act in good faith.
— Greg Raven is Co-Chair of Apple Valley Citizens for Government Accountability, and is concerned about quality of life issues.
Files related to retail water rights and agreements
- 19890418 Ordinance 13
- 19980602 Agreement of Purchase and Sale of Jess Ranch Wastewater System and Assessment District No. 86-1 Water System Improvements
- 19980728 Amendment to Agreement of Purchase and Sale of Jess Ranch Wastewater System and Assessment District No. 86-1 Water System Improvements
- 19990603 In the Matter of the Application of Apple Valley Ranchos Water Company (U 346 W) (U 346 S) for Authority to Transfer its Sewer Division to the Town of Apple Valley
- 20100501 Ordinance 1180
- 20140711 Original letter from AVRWC attorney
- 20140909 Response from TOAV attorney
- 20140920 TOAV rebuffs AVRWC’s damage claims
- 20141006 Corrections from AVRWC attorney
- 20141008 Ordinance No. 4256
- 20150204 Letter to the TOAV (Schilling)
- 20150623 AVRWC Town council presentation (Jordan)