This will happen (November 29, 2015)
Apple Valley’s current town government’s decision to use eminent domain to take over the town’s oldest company — Apple Valley Ranchos Water — means that this will happen:
- The Town Council WILL NOT be able to lower water rates, as they once promised.
- Your taxes WILL GO UP, as the Town is forced to float bonds to pay millions of dollars for what you already have: clean, safe and reliable water service.
- A long and costly legal process will consume millions more of taxpayer dollars — more than even the Town Council is admitting.
- If you are NOT an Apple Valley Ranchos customer, your taxes will pay the cost of legal fees plus the unknown price for a water company.
- If you conserve water or if you are a low income customer and receive reduced water rates, under Town ownership you will now be forced to pay more for water based on the Town’s financing scheme.
Say no to higher taxes and big government and millions more in spending.
Email your councilmembers and tell them stop spending our tax dollars!
No government takeover!
Mayor Larry Cusack [email protected]
Mayor Pro Tem Barb Stanton [email protected]
Councilmember Art Bishop [email protected]
Councilmember Curt Emick [email protected]
Councilmember Scott Nassif [email protected]