This will happen (November 15, 2015)
On Tuesday, November 17th, if Apple Valley’s town government votes to use eminent domain to take over Ranchos Water Company, this will happen:
- The Town Council WILL NOT be able to lower water rates, as they once promised.
- Your taxes WILL GO UP, as the Town is forced to float bonds to pay millions of dollars for what you already have: clean, safe and reliable water service.
- A long and costly legal process will consume millions more of taxpayer dollars-more than even the Town Council is admitting.
- If you are NOT an Apple Valley Ranchos customer, your taxes will pay the cost of legal fees plus the unknown price for a water company.
- If you conserve water, or are low income and receive reduced water rates, under Town ownership you will now be forced to pay more for water based on the Town’s financing scheme.
Say no to higher taxes and big government and milions more in spending. Come out. Don’t let this government speak for you.
N0 GOVERNMENT TAKEOVER